To promote and facilitate safe boating and a safe boating environment on Bob Lake.
Bob Lake offers an almost ideal recreational boating environment: small enough to invite canoeing, kayaking and paddle boarding; large enough to accommodate PWCs, water skiers and wakeboarders. It possesses a variety of boating environments from its large open main body to a number of quiet bays and inlets where wildlife and nature are close at hand. Bob Lake is also attractive to fishermen for its stock of lake trout and small-mouth bass.
The enjoyment of all that Bob Lake has to offer depends on a few critical factors:
- Awareness of one’s environment and potential hazards
- Awareness of and conformity to the laws and regulations
- Courtesy and respect
Our lake is a resource that we can all responsibly share and enjoy safely.
- To identify and mark shoals based on advice from Transport Canada. Visit our Maps and Hazard Markers webpages for details.
- To post signs at identified shoreline areas and narrows where speed limits or no wake zones are warranted. Visit our Water Speed webpage for details.
- To provide members with safe boating and boating regulation information. Coming soon…
Have a comment or question for the BLA Safe Boating Committee? Simply submit the following form and we’ll respond to you as soon as possible.